Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

iTunes automatically deletes from iPod, iPad or iPhone

This articles shows how to prevent iTunes automatically delete your apps in 4 simple and easy steps from iTunes itself without any codes etc.

After purchasing your app and downloading, a lot of times iTunes tend to delete apps that you have bought. And in case you have jailbroken with sprit / cydia, the moment you connect and sync your iPod or iPhone with iTunes, it is bound to delete your apps. And if you ask not to sync your apps, iTunes threatens to delete all apps from your touch or phone. 

Fortunately the solution is right inside iTunes. 

Step 1 : To stop automatically sync itunes with ur iPod or iPhone, first go to "Preference" in iTunes. 


Step 2: In Preference window, go to "Devices"
Step 3: Check / tick"Prevent ipods, iPhones and iPads from Syncing Automatically. 
Step 4: Now connect your iPod / iPhone / iPad. Once connected go to File > Transfer purchases from your ipod / iphone / ipad. 


Once you do that, now your apps will never get deleted. Now you can sync it back. 
If you wish to enable auto-sync, you can uncheck from step 3 now. But I recommend manual sync. 


4 comments:

  1. I downloaded some apps from Cydia and I installed them and everything was great, I was playing Angry Birds and I was in the level 2 when the battery went down, so I connected my iPodTouch 4G to iTunes and the program deleted the apps I had installed and all my game records!! :( But now after reading your good post iTunes will never delete my apps or game records again :D!

    thanks so much Avijit!
    greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I am glad it helped you. I did not know it still works haha. But good to hear it does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This problem made me furious, fortunately i found this topic. Thanks a lot!!

    ReplyDelete